Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cristobal Madrid ~ Will 1767

The will of Cristobal Madrid, soldier, in which he declares the chattels he has.

Declare I have six breeding cows, one two-year old heifer, four coming yearlings, and five oxen.

Declare that I have a four room house, and 150 varas in length and 60 varas in width of land.

Declare of having two spits, one large and one small, one axe, one adze, one chisel, one branding iron, one pan and one kettle.

Declare that I owe the town, to pay with my weapons and horse, and if there is anything owing me to be given to my wife.

I declare owing Thomas de Sena, ten pesos, and he owing me one two-year old heifer, and one to go for the other.

I declare owing the Lt. General three heifers and one sheep that will be a yearling in the spring.

I declare owing Juan Domingo Baca ten pesos.

I declare is my will which I have made before the Lt. of this royal garrison at the villa of Santa Fe, and also before the Sargento, Miguel Tenorio of this royal garrison of Santa Fe, and two witnesses.

Signed as Judge on the 21st of December 1767, at the request of Christobal Madrid.

Phelipe Sandoval, rubric; Thomas Madrid, rubric; Miguel Thenorio, rubric; Diego Antonio de la Peña, rubric.

Reference:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell #579, Reel 3, Frames 1183-1185.
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment