Friday, January 11, 2013

Alejandro Esquibel ~ Will 1820



I, Antonio Alejandro Esquibel, a retired soldier of the presidio of Santa Fe, find myself sick of an illness.

I declare that I was married to Maria Manuela Trevol for 38 years (Aug 17 1785), during which time we raised five children who are:  Jose Francisco, Maria Josefa, Barbara, Juana and Candelaria – all of whom I declare as my legitimate heirs.

Declare as my possessions, one burro, a portion of land in El Vado, donated to me by my brother, with his signature.

Declare as my property, the balance of the money that I have is free and that which is due me.

Declare that the priest, Fray Ambrosio G___, owes me 150 pesos in silver on account of the house and lands, which by his own hand were sold to don Lorenzo Gutierrez, and which is my wife’s dowry, I order this be collected.

Declare that I owe Tomas Sena, five silver pesos, I order this be paid.

Declare as my administrators first my brother, Clemente and second my brother, Jose.

Signed this day in the villa of Santa Fe, 12 May 1820.  Salvador Armijo, Diego Gallegos, Francisco Ortis.

References:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Roll 2, Frame 443-444, Twitchell 265.
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment