Over the years, I've been trying to keep track of the early families of Trementina, this being around 1875 to 1930. With the 1940 census coming out in April, I've been tracking who I need to follow up on first and if that census data will give me any new information. This particular family is one I've had some problems taking back further into the mid 1800's. If anyone has more information on them, I'd love to visit with you.
Juan Pedro Garcia, son of Juan Jose Garcia and Ana Maria, was born about October 1871 in somewhere in New Mexico (per census). They do appear in three censuses at Trementina.
• He appeared on the census in 1900 in Trementina, New Mexico.1 Juan Pedro Garcia, 28, B. Oct 1871, married 8; Felicita 23, b. Jan 1877; Juaquin, 7, b. Nov 1893; Juan Nepomuceno, 6, b. Nov 1893; Juan Antonio, 3, b. Nov 1896; Josefita, 1, b. Nov 1898; all born in New Mexico.
• He appeared in the census in 1910 at Trementina, New Mexico.3 Juan P. Garcia, 40, married 18, farmer; Felicita 33, 7 kids living at home, had 11; Juan Nepomueno, 16; Antonio, 15; Josefa 12; illegible age 11; Juan, 6; Rosalia, 1 1/2; Nicanor Baca, servant 70; Dionicio Baca, servant, 22.
• He appeared in the census in 1930 at Trementina, New Mexico.4 Juan P. Garcia, 56, farmer; Felicita, 53; Benedicto G. 19; Jose H. 17; Ernesto E. 14; Juan P. Jr., 12; Rubel M. 8.
Juan married Felicita Tenorio about 1892. Felicita was born in January 1877 in New Mexico.
Children from this marriage were:
M i. Juaquin Garcia was born in August 1892.
M ii. Juan Nepmuceno Garcia was born in November 1893.
M iii. Juan Antonio Garcia was born in November 1896.
F iv. Josefita Garcia was born in November 1898.
M v. Juan Jose Garcia was born between 1904 and 1906 in New Mexico. Juan married Juliana Madrid on May 30, 1927 in Las Vegas, New Mexico. They appeared in the census in 1930 at Trementina, New Mexico.5 Juan J. Garcia, 24, aborer odd jobs; Julia M. 22; Valentin, 2 1/2; Carlos, 11/12.
F vi. Rosalia Garcia was born about 1909.
M vii. Benedicto G. Garcia was born about 1911.
M viii. Jose H. Garcia was born about 1913.
M ix. Ernesto Esmel Garcia was born on August 4, 1915 in Conchas, New Mexico and died on April 2, 1999 in New Mexico at age 83. Ernesto married Teodorita Maes, daughter of Daniel Maes and Maria Eliza Sanchez, on July 21, 1937 in Las Vegas, New Mexico. Teodorita was born on January 19, 1918 in San Rafael (Trementina), New Mexico and died on October 21, 1981 in Las Vegas, New Mexico at age 63.
M x. Juan P. Garcia Jr. was born about 1918.
M xi. Rubel M. Garcia was born about 1922.
1. National Archives micropublication, 1900 U. S. San Miguel County, Territory of New Mexico Census, Dwelling/Family 158, ED 112, Sheet 8, Line 61-66.
2. National Archives micropublication, 1900 U. S. San Miguel County, Territory of New Mexico Census, Dwelling/Family 158, Line 61.
3. National Archives micro publication, 1910 U. S. San Miguel County, Territory of New Mexico Census, ED 213, SD 81, Pg. 60B, Lines 51-61, Dwelling/Family 163.
4. National Archives micro publication, 1930 San Miguel County, State of New Mexico, ED 24-52, SD 2, Pg. 2A and B, Lines 48-51.
5. National Archives micro publication, 1930 San Miguel County, State of New Mexico, ED 24-52, SD 2, Lines 52-55.