Monday, December 8, 2014

Maria Rosalia Duran de Armijo ~ Will 1768



Know all thee who see this testament, that I, Maria Rosalia Duran de Armijo, a resident of this villa of Santa Fe, the legitimate wife of Miguel Crestin Lobato, and the legitimate daughter of Salvador Manuel de la Cruz Duran de Armijo, deceased and Maria Rosalia Romero, find myself sick in bed, make my last will.

I declare that I was married for the term of twelve years and a little more in which time we have had no children.

I declare as my property my house, consisting of six rooms and farm lands in front of the said house; and three fruit trees and the little furniture within the house.  All this is to my will to leave to my said husband and the clothing which I am using it is my will to leave to my husband.

I declare as my property 29 head of all kinds of livestock; and these I leave to defray the expenses of my funeral and thirteen Masses to St. Amador which I have promised to have celebrated at the end of my life; and of the residual it is my last will to leave them to my husband so that he may enjoy them.

It is my will to appoint as my administrator and lawful owner of all my estate, my said husband, Miguel Lobato, so that he will determine all without contradiction whatsoever.

I signed it in this villa of Santa Fe on the 3rd of September 1768 before two witnesses.

At request of the grantor:  Antonio Armenta, rubric; Felipe Tafoya, rubric
Wit/ Bernardo Bustamante, rubric and Lucas Moya, rubric.

Reference:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 1237, Reel 6, Frames 810-812
©Henrietta M. Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Henrietta this was a great help to me ,I really appreciate all you have here.

    ReplyDelete