Friday, November 15, 2013

Rosa Martin Serrano ~ Will 1750


I, Rosa Martin, native of this kingdom of New Mexico, being sick, execute this my last memorandum.

I declare that I was married to Nicolas Lopez, from which marriage we had two sons, Juan Nicolas Lopez and Francisco Lopez, whom I declare as my heirs.

I declare a statue of St. Jose and three goats, these I leave for my funeral.

I declare two rooms of a house and a portion of land a shown in the deed of sale.

I declare another portion of land which belongs to the lands under the same title.

I declare three rooms in Chimayo.

I declare a small lot which I leave to my godchild Melchora, having raised her as my own daughter.

I declare that Rosa de Medina, owes me one peso and I order it collected.

I declare an axe, two plow-points and an old chest.

I declare a portion of land situated on the north side of the same portion of land which I have sold to Ignacio Pacheco, towards the south gate.  This said portion of land will be shown by a deed of sale I have made him.

I declare that said portion of land, given as situated on the north side, together with the three said room, I leave for the welfare of my soul.

I leave as administrators of my assets, my brother, Sebastian Martin, and I authorize and request that Juan Jose Sandoval, Lt of this district to authorize this. 

I did not sign and at my request Salvador Varela did so on this 20th March 1750 and witnessed by Clemente Montoya and Nicolas Apodaca.

Signed:  Juan Jose Sandobal, rubric, Salvador Martin and Alonso Sandoval.

References:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 536, Reel 3, Frames 979-982.
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment