Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Luis Fernandez ~ Will 1822

I, Luis Fernandez, a soldier in the company of Santa Fe, find myself sick from an accident.

Declare that I was married one year and six months ago to Maria Francisca Tafoya and during this time we had a son named Jose Francisco de Jesus whom I recognize along with my wife as my legitimate heirs.

I declare, my rifle, a lance, a pair of saddle pads, a cartridge belt with 15 cartridges of which Corporal Garcia is aware of, a pair of spurs, in the possession of Pablo Bustos, the armorer and also some iron with the armorer, Manuel Sena.

Other names mentioned:  soldier Antonio Benavides, Micaela Roybal his sister, Altagracia Alarid.

Name as my executors, don Juan Vigil and Lt., don Jose Caballero. Witnessed by Jose Salazar, Francisco Rendon, signed for him Santiago Abreu.

References:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 132, Frames 948-949
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment