Friday, February 24, 2012

Jose Marcos Delgado, 1800 Land Request

Josef Marcos Delgado, son of Retired Captain don Manuel Delgado and doña Josefa Garcia de Noriega, a simple soldier of the Royal Presidio of New Mexico, with permission from the officials and of the Señor Governor of this Province, I ask and beg with the utmost respect, being superiors and with the most pleasure it serves to consider the distinction; in case of the service of my said father and with compassion that beseeches you I take credit and favor to solicit that I receive a grand land grant.

Signed, Joseph Marcos Delgado (rubric)

Margin: Chihuahua, Sep 9, 1800

As it states, signed Nava (rubric)

Reference: New Mexico State Records Center & Archives, Santa Fe, NM -- Arthur Delgado, Collection, Folder #8

© Henrietta M. Christmas

1 comment:

  1. In my family history database, I have the following entry, provided me by Mario de Chavez, with whom I've since lost contact.


    "Jose Fernando Montaño Married before 1834 to Maria de Jesus Delgado. Mª de Jesus was the daughter of Jose Marcos Antonio Delgado & Maria Guadalupe Valdez. Jº Marcos Antº was the son of Manuel Delgado & Maria Josefa Garcia. Mª Guadalupe was the daughter of Juan Domingo Valdez & Maria de la Luz Martin."

    Maria de Jesus DELGADO is in my family history database because she is married to Jose Fernando MONTANO, son of Francisco Montano (b.abt 1770) & Margarita Martin. One of Francisco Montano's sons, Antonio Faustin Montano, married one of my ancestral grandmothers, Mara Encarnaion VELARDE (b. 26 Mar 1804, Santa Clara, NM).

    Thank you for this additional information about Jose Marcos Delgado that I am now able to add to my family history file.

    Gloria Cordova
    Los Alamos, NM

    ReplyDelete