Friday, October 10, 2014

Manuel Trujillo ~ Will con't 1770



Mateo Trujillo, legitimate son of Jose Manuel Trujillo, deceased and a resident of San Jose de Chama, do say that I am fully paid and satisfied of the property left by my deceased father by the executors, signed January 20, 1770.

~
Memorandum of what I have delivered to my son, Mateo Trujillo for his marriage:  first, one reliquary, one necklace, fine pearls for earrings, one vara of ribbon, one pair of stockings, one silk handkerchief, seven varas of bleaching, one pattern of serge and silk cloth, one cotton muffler, lace for one shirt, one box, one waist, one mattress and blanket, and one mare mule. The above mentioned property belongs to his inheritance and gifts, two mares, one saddle complete with pommel and iron stirrups, one bridle, one sword from San Miguel, one lance, a hand ax, one pair of blunderbusses, one pair of woolen cloth pants garnished belonging to his deceased father, one cloak, cushions, twelve buckskins, one horse mule, one ox, two she asses, one horse, one pig, twenty-seven head of sheep, goats and lambs, and he acknowledges to be content and satisfied.

I, Mateo Trujillo, also have received 83 varas of cultivated land and sixteen others to my satisfaction. April 10, 1782.

I, Antonio Trujillo, legitimate son of Manuel Trujillo, deceased and resident of San Jose de Chama, received the portion of property left by my deceased father from the executors, signed Jan 20, 1770.

~
Memorandum:  I have delivered to my son, Antonio Trujillo, first one saddle with its iron and iron stirrups, bridle spurs with its buckles and cushions, one gun, one sword, one pair of blunderbusses, one leather jacket, one shoulder belt, one cloak, twelve buckskins, one horse and one mare mule, one ox, three she and one he asses, two mares, one horse, one pig, five pesos, twenty head of sheep, which he acknowledged to have received and is satisfied and content.

I, Antonia Rosa, widow of Antonio Trujillo, deceased from whom I have a daughter by the name of Marta Maria Ysabel, say that I have received from the executors of my deceased father and give this receipt and that I have received first, eighty-three varas of land, two horses, one horse mule, one burro, one mare, a yoke of oxen, six head of sheep, one heifer, iron stirrups, one sword, a shield, one bridle, one gun powder pocket, one flask, one gun cover, besides the above mentioned, all the household furnishings which belonged to be by right, therefore I say that I am satisfied. Signed April 16, 1782.

~
I, Joaquin Trujillo, legitimate son of Jose Manuel Trujillo, deceased and resident of Chama, say that I have received and am satisfied, signed January 20, 1770.

Memorandum of what I delivered to my son, Joaquin Trujillo, first one reliquary, fine pearls for earrings, one necklace, nine varas of bleaching, one string of beads, one linen handkerchief, one apron, one cloak, one pair of silk stockings, one pair of shoes, one girdle belt, one ox, three sheep, two measures of grain, all the above mentioned property are rights belonging to his marriage, one saddle with all irons and buttress, one bridle, one gun, one cutlass, one lance, one pair of blunderbusses, one hand ax, one leather jacket, one cloak, cushions, and a jacket of his deceased father, twelve buckskins, one horse mule, one ox, three she asses, two mares, one pig, and five more, twenty-seven head of sheep and he acknowledges he is satisfied and content. Signed April 19th, 1782.

Needless to say, Rita Martin has remarried and they force another inventory, which includes the blacksmith shop. The children are all satisfied, but they name Rita’s brother-in-law as Pedro Antonio Trujillo, who re-bequeaths the children from the new inventory.

Reference:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 1000, Reel 5, Frames 900-939.
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment