Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Manuela Roybal ~ 1778 Will



I, Manuela Roibal resident of the villa of Santa Fe, am ill and make this last will and testament.

Declare that I own a silver pitcher which Josefa Bustamante took to Chihuahua for repairs at her expense.

Declare that I have a small encased bottle.

I declare I have some pictures:  Our Lady of Light, Our Lady of Guadalupe, My father, St. Francis, St. Joseph.  My brother, Bernardo will deliver the other saints.  There are four Santos which Francisco Lujan, son-in-law of my brother, Bernardo bought me. I order that they be placed with the other goods which are recognized as mine.

A large kettle which Josefa Bustamante has belongs to the Blessed Sacrament.

I declare that I have sold my house and lands to doña Josefa Bustamante and she has not finished paying me.  The aforesaid Bustamante shall declare according to her conscience that which she has given me and that which she owes me because I do not have it in mind and in the sale which we made she bound herself to pay me in full.

I declare that I have no lawful heirs whatsoever; and I leave all that I have for my soul.

I declare that I was married to Bernardo de Sena, now deceased, during which we neither reared nor had any children.

I assign Tomas de Sena as my executor, (her step-son).

On the 29th of April 1778, I the Alcalde mayor of this villa of Santa Fe with assisting witnesses, sign and certify.

Jose Miguel de la Peña, rubric; Antonio Solano, rubric and Julian de Armixo, rubric.

Reference:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 800, Reel 4, Frames 1288-1289.
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment