Sunday, April 20, 2014

Diego Romero ~ incomplete will 1742


Parts of this are in the land grant papers of the Cristobal de las Serna Grant, SG 109 and can be found there also.

We begot and had three male children, who are Andres, Francisco and Juan, who is dead and Ana Maria, whom I declare to be my legitimate children.

It is my will that here be delivered to her (wife) in the place that may please her, the half of what is designated as min in the rancho de las Trampas River; I also leave to her the half of the house in which I live.

No. 759 Will of Diego Romero made in Taos on June 13, 1742.

Archive no. 760 has been blogged earlier on the estate and the children.

(Incomplete)  More of this has been blogged concerning his heir Andres.  See May 17, 2013 posts.

References:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 759, Reel 4, Frame 989.
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment