Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Francisco Montes Vigil, inheritance of cattle to his children ~ 1715


Know ye all who may see this deed, that Francisco Montes Vigil and Maria Ximenez de Anziso his legitimate wife, residents of this villa of Santa Fe, from whom I request permission; so that hereby I might be able to make this deed of donation for which purpose, I, the said Francisco Montes Vigil, do grant said permission in due form and bind myself.

We declare that we have in our possession forty head of cattle, among them are a few oxen and calves, which were given to me, we hereby state that we make gift and donation to Maria Vigil, wife of Domingo Romero, Jetrudis, Elena, Domingo, Francisco and Manuel Vigil, who are our legitimate children from a legitimate marriage.

It is our will that the part to which our said daughter Maria Vigil is entitled, we give to her son Antonio Romero, our grandson. 

November 27, 1715, signed Alphonso Rael de Aguilar (rubric)

References:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 499, Reel 3, Frames 676-679
©Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment