Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Joaquin de Alderete ~ Will 1767

I, Joaquin de Alderete, a resident of Paso del Rio Grande del Norte and legitimate son of Jose Antonio Alderete and Lugarda Duran, both deceased.

I declare not being married.

I declare that I have come to this villa of Santa Fe, having brought with me a few barrels of wine.

He then declares that various people owe him: Jose Mares, 10 pesos or five carneros; Antonio Escudero, five carneros; Manuel Vigil, five carneros on account of the wine I gave him.  Vicente Martinez owes me eight carneros.  Tomas Alires owes me 18 pesos on account of a catapult I sold to him and 6 pesos worth of wine that I sold to him.

He declares that Jaxier Fragoso owes him 20 pesos of wine that he gave him.

He declares a house and vineyard with fruit trees in El Paso.

He has various items that belong to his brother such as:  a saddle, two blunderbusses, a pair of spurs, a bridle, a gun, a small short sword; nine mules and three horses; and eight pack-saddles well equipped.

After all his expenses are paid, he leaves to his sister the majority of his estate and names her as Maria Josefa.   He leaves his executors as Calletano Provencio and Lorenso Alderete, his brother.

References:  Spanish Archives of New Mexico, Series I, Twitchell 42, Frames 320-323
©Henrietta M. Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment