Monday, June 4, 2012

Diego Trujillo, 1701 Land Document


January 3, 1701

I, Diego Truxillo, native resident of this kingdom, appear before your Excellency, in the best form according to law say.  “That I am registering a tract of uncultivated land which is situated on the Chama River and it has for its boundaries; the Chama River, which joins the Rio del Norte, also bound by La Angostura, and the other side it is bound by the mesas, and this is in a Canada called Cundillo.”  An arroyo runs through the middle of this land and it is all one section for which I ask, in order to build a house and to live in.  Your Excellency, I ask and request, with all due respect, that you be pleased to grant this petition and I swear in due form this my petition, is not in malice and is necessary.

Signed Diego Truxillo (rubric)

Reference:  SANM I, Twitchell 926

Ⓒ 2012 Henrietta M. Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment