Saturday, April 14, 2012

Albuquerque Family Expo - Pretty Good So Far

Well Day 1 ended with about 250 attendees. Bennett Greenspan was the Keynote and gave a very inspiring intro into documents, DNA and quotes which he's picked up over the years. Bottom line is that in order to do great genealogy, you must work hard.

Dr. Arlene Eakles, WOW! As usual she gives hints, presses you for looking at primary documents and also circles of how to use names in documents to find your ancestors. I also love the way she told us about implied marriages.

Civil War was a hit and well attended. I think because the records are at NARA people don't look at them that closely, but the interest is there. So everyone should keep on looking.

I love conferences for the primary reason of learning something. I took lots of notes and maybe I can get those out this next week. More later today, from Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment