Friday, January 6, 2012

Maria Encarnacion Quintana, Pojoaque, Oct 26, 1867

I, Maria Encarnacion Quintana, from Pojoaque, find myself sick and near death. I declare that I was never married and I guarded my reputation as a single woman with the faith I had in God.

I leave to my sister, Dolores Quintana, my home which consists of 40 vigas (people would count the vigas and divide them amongst heirs, one way to measure a house back then, was to count the roof beams).

She also leaves, Juana, some 12 varas of land, but doesn't state her surname. Names her executors as Ramon Quintana and her sister, Dolores Quintana. Witnesses: Antonio Maria Quintana, Narciso Quintana, Pablo Ortiz, probated on May 15, 1868 in courts of Santa Fe County.

Reference: Santa Fe, NM Probate and Will book, pgs. 367c - 369

No comments:

Post a Comment